||Director of Game Entertainment
|Area of Interest:
||Broadcast and Multimedia
The Director will handle many tasks, including overseeing execution of daily and game day elements. Be responsible for the scheduling of on and off-site promotional events. Additional responsibilities will include managing all game day event staff including PA announcer, arena audio selections, on-court entertainment, control room staff, interns, etc.
• Oversee all elements of Game entertainment operations
• Builds and maintains a strong library of in-game elements.
• Serve as primary game day producer for all home games and other Piston events and ceremonies
• Oversee game day event script and rundown.
• Comply with all NBA entertainment league rules
• Devise new and creative in-game and on-court entertainment, including on-court promotions, video pieces, fan interactive elements, events, and ceremonies, etc.
• Serve as liaison to display board vendors for maintenance, replenishment of spare parts, software upgrades, troubleshooting and technical support issues.
• Handle daily preparation of the Palace Vision show which could include updating stats, importing teams info, and refreshing sponsor content
• Produce and coordinate all Piston scoreboard and statistical content and handle in-house messaging
• Oversee and coordinate all LED content and LED sponsor executions with Corporate Sponsorship, Marketing and Broadcast.
• Work with arena staff to ensure all team facility needs are met, including in-house programming distribution, premium distribution and scoreboard operations
• Work in conjunction with corporate, ticketing, public relations, marketing, and broadcast departments to ensure all contractual elements are fulfilled on game day
• Integrate game presentation with team website i.e. stream video of entertainment; promote upcoming acts and features, in-game voting promotions, etc.
• Conduct production meetings on a daily basis with all staff
• Train other personnel in producing, video production, floor direction and, timing, promotional execution.
• Scripting for all Detroit Pistons home games.
• Scripting for Palace events as necessary.
• Coordinate all aspects of in-game sponsorship requirements.
• Coordinate all STH in-game requirements.
• Create new innovative ideas for on court and video elements.
• Manage Palace Patrol interactive squad. Attend all rehearsals; manage scheduling, uniforms, contracts, auditions, performance and payroll.
• Manage Pistons Cheerleaders; scheduling, uniforms, contracts, auditions, performance and payroll.
• Provide support for the Detroit Pistons Dancers and other performance teams.
• Coordinate in game activities including: props, prizes, logos contestants and video support.
• Coordinate Palace sporting events
• Manage game ops staff including game ops coordinator.
• Assist with any and all Pistons or Palace programming.
• Work closely with Promotions Manager to execute both game day and non game day events.
• Provides direction and supervision for all game day event staff including PA announcer, DJ, on-court entertainment, control room staff, interns, etc.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Solid knowledge of everyday and game day entertainment elements.
• Outstanding communication skills and leadership abilities.
• Work well with others.
• Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results.
• Must be a high-energy, highly motivated self-starter.
• Ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent writing skills
• Build excellent working relationships to attain goals.
• Work collaboratively and efficaciously as a team member.
• Be self-motivated, confident, energetic and creative.
• Effectively communicate and make best use of interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; Major in Communications, Business Administration a plus.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum four years in an Entertainment environment.
• Experience in live event production, management and promotions.
• Familiarity with current entertainment trends, developments and acts.
• Live broadcasting and post-production experience
• Understanding of sponsorship sales and benefit implementation.
• Expertise in event and project management
• Strong oral and written communication skills Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Strong knowledge of musical trends and genres
• Control room management experience
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, and ability to perform common graphics creation and modification task, such as resizing, file conversion, text layout, masking and retouching.
• Organizational, record keeping and planning skills required.
• Creative and imaginative thinker.
• A team player and detail oriented.
• Strong basketball knowledge and understanding of statistics and basketball scoring required.
• Excellent script writing, spelling, grammar and text composition skills.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to work independently while handling details and meeting deadlines